Total Pageviews

Friday 11 February 2011

A little early in the year for strawberries?


On the bus in to work this morning, I overheard the following telephone conversation (or at least half of a converstaion):

Smartly dressed man on bus:
"So, I've got my...friend on the other line. He needs to know if you're happy to pay the price for the, er...strawberries.

Right. Yeah it's two fifty per kilo. He's got half a kilo now and...

...yeah, 2 days?

Half a kilo! Half a kilo! You know how much that is! Just visualise it!

No, no, don't worry. I'll sort it out. I've got to drop off some, er...rubbish tonight so I'll pick up the strawberries after that."

Would I be completely off the mark in thinking that strawberries might be code for something a little less wholesome?

1 comment:

Katie said...

hahaha! sounds like a dodgy bus-ride you have there..